Monday, January 10, 2011

24 Weeks, Crib final decision, Chicken and Carpel Tunnel


It's official... I am 6 months pregnant! Baby Buttercup is growing mighty fast. We saw friends last night for game night and they were just raving about how much I've grown in just one week.

She's moving around like crazy. The movements are still pretty low although I feel a little kick or punch up higher. I see the doctor tomorrow for a monthly check up. I'll get to hear her little heartbeat!

Today we went to Treasure Rooms so Andres could check out the cribs that mom and I saw last week. We spent a good amount of time in there wandering and picking the salesman brain. Who, by the way, is just amazing. He was so helpful, took us seriously and was on the same page as us. We finally came to a decision. We went with the Pali Novara Crib and matching dresser/changing table. We just felt much better about going with one that we saw in person and could feel it out. Also, they deliver AND assemble it for you. The only set-back is that it takes up to three months to get in. The salesman said the latest it'll get to us is April 11th. Just as long as little Buttercup arrives on schedule, we'll be just fine.

So, what did we do after we placed the order and down payment? We got lunch. Now, why is that exciting? Well, we got lunch at Chick-fil-a. I wanted waffle fries. But once I looked at the menu, my craving kicked in and I wanted chicken. Now, keep in mind I haven't had chicken in many years. Haven't had Chick-fil-a since I was in highschool. I am no longer a vegetarian! It started with turkey and it has now gone to chicken. Buttercup has a real influence on my taste buds!

What else does Buttercup have an influence on? She has given me some Carpel Tunnel. I noticed a few weeks back my right hand going numb. Almost like it was asleep. I did't think much of it until last week when I was in the middle of doing a haircut, I all of a sudden couldn't feel my finger tips. Then I couldn't feel my entire hand and the sensation ran up my arm. I called the doctor immediately and he said it was Carpel Tunnel. Apparently it is common with pregnant women. It's only painful sometimes but the numbness is almost constant. It makes doing hair pretty uncomfortable but manageable.

Well, that's all for now.
xo


No comments: