Saturday, December 26, 2009

Long December

"It's been a long December. And there's reason to believe maybe this year will be better than the last."

I survived this year. The whole cliche' "if you can get through this, you can get through anything." Or how about the ever so popular, "What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger."

I suppose cliche's fit my life in 2009.

Fuck 2009. Flush it away. Say goodbye to the worst year of my life. We lost grandma and we lost our first baby. I know this was the worst year of my life because after finally understanding myself, I didn't recognize myself this year. I became someone I just did not recognize. I thought I had myself figured out. I suppose the chaos, the drama, the sorrow of 2009 turned me into a stranger.

So, here's to next year. Trying again at a family. Saying more hello's than goodbye's. Not having to shutter away from certain topics. Being able to laugh and really mean it.

No comments: