Wednesday, May 5, 2010

LIve Out Loud....

So the inspiration to the title of my blog... The saying that has become my motto...


Live Out Loud
i have had the pleasure of knowing
a girl named Julie,
a girl who grew up to embrace
nomadic travels,
exploration,
and inquisitive quests for more
Where along the way she
scooped up love and joy,
and a boy named Andres.
I know a girl who as a child
lived in bouncing curls of red,
in shades of pink lipstick (mupscup),
striped ski caps,
and cowboy boots
3 sizes too big.
A girl who’s toddler love
was not a brown teddy bear
but a yellow giraffe,
with orange spots
and a name
that ironically identified herself
and his name was Sassy.
This was a girl who heard the inspirations of
imaginary friends,
followed them,
walked to the percussion
of imagination, fantasy,
and taught us
to LIVE OUT LOUD.
To Julie and Andres,
who both live out loud,
in color, in brazen
hues of laughter,
passion,
invention,
and with a love
we all crave,
who scooped each other up
in the warmth of Florida
and carried each other
to this autumn day
of sunbursts, oranges,
and the red we bask in today.

* written by Christine Kiefer. My sister. My Maid of Honor on my wedding day. My best friend.

2 comments:

letajo said...

smiling
hugs
from
all the way
over
hear

Kella said...

That's awesome. Your buddy is indeed a best friend. Keep writing this blog, Julia. It's awesome.